What is SEO, SEA, SEM?Aren’t these terms/abbreviations bothering you?
To know the benefits of SEM, let’s first brief you about the terms – SEO, SEA, and SEM.
SEO – Search Engine Optimization – A very important term of Digital Marketing, mainly work on optimizing your business results on the Search Engine like Google, Bing, etc, improvising good quality content on the target keywords related to a business organization. Well, business optimization on Search Engines in simple terms means providing rich and relevant content to Google Crawlers related to your business through your website, further dividing these terms to Off-Page Optimization & On-Page Optimization.
- SEO helps in providing Organic Results i.e unpaid listing on Google Search Engine Result Pages.
- It comparatively lasts longer than SEA as it is not based on advertisement money but good quality content.
- Continuous SEO helps in building Domain value, raises site position in Google Results, helps in indexing.
- To maintain top position on Search Engine, SEO is an ongoing process, as though the results are not so quick but are meant to stay for a certain period of time.
SEA – Search Engine Advertising – Paid Advertising (Contextual Advertising) is an advertising method to show your ad in search engines like Google, Bing, etc. like a Text Ad in Google search network, Image Ad and Video Ads in Google display network like Gmail, Blogger, YouTube, shopping ad in Google search network. Search Engine advertising helps to build quick customer reach and works on the basis of the budget – an amount set for an Advertisement and bidding on relevant keywords to show your company ad on Search Engine Result Pages, following various advertisement targetting methods. This is limited to the budget set, hence the Advertisement stops once the budget is over.
SEM – Search Engine Marketing – Well, the search engine is still the master of searching queries, products, etc on the Internet. Marketing your brand on the search engine through any of the above methods is one of the key methods of Digital Marketing. One thing that is common amongst these terms is that they all aim to increase website traffic, brand awareness, conversions and target the right customer based on relevant keywords of your business to show in Search Engine Results, overall contributing to the importance and benefits of SEM for an effective and strategic Digital Marketing approach.
How are they linked?
SEM = SEO + SEA
(Search Engine Marketing) = (Search Engine Optimization) + (Search Engine Advertising)
SEO and SEA are quite connected and helps each other in building the overall Site Value, adding to the benefits of SEM. Grabbing/Capturing full customer attention over the Search Engines likes Google, Bing through these two methods.
While SEO will grab the organic area in the SERPs(Search Engine Result Pages), the SEA will help in building customer attention on the first click by capturing the paid advertising section of Search Engine. While the former is here to last long and develops the website presence over a few months, the latter is here to grab the customers quite fast (in a week or so), not letting your customers go without reaching you.
What benefits SEA and SEO provide to your business in the Digital Marketing Sector?
Endless benefits of SEM to suit your business: –
1. Increasing site impression and visibility.
2. Building Domain Authority & Page Authority.
3. Providing regular content updates to your site through Blogs & Articles thus overall giving Search Engine crawler some relevant content related to your business.
4. Potential Ads to reach your customers.
5. SEA results in faster customer reach.
6. Building site presence and drive immediate results.
7. Increased ROI(Return on Investment).
8. Location & Language based ads for your customer audience.
9. SEM is great for local marketing and small business.
10. Effective to target customers through mobile marketing.
11. SEM allows to analyze advertisement performance in real-time.