Ever heard of the term Digital Marketing or Online Marketing? But don’t know exactly what it is or it’s benefits.
What is Digital Marketing?
Digital Marketing or Internet Marketing in simple terms is a marketing technique that promotes your business Online i.e. on the Internet through various platforms and resources provided by big giants like Google, Bing etc.
I have often heard that by digital marketing, most people understand just one word that is SEO, hardly knowing what it exactly is. So, for everyone who is unaware of what exactly Digital Marketing is, I hope this blog helps you to understand it better and in the simplest way.
Let’s start from a very basic question.
Suppose you want to purchase a product e.g. ‘phone’
What’s the first thing most people do, they Google it, right?
Ever thought, from where is google providing million results (e.g. About 25,27,00,00,000 results (0.48 seconds)) for just one keyword, “buy phone”.
Well, Google’s database is loading and crawling through millions of websites created either by you or by billions of people living in this world.
But how does it decide to show one website at the first rank out of the billions which are most relevant to that keyword? e.g. in the image 1 you see “Flipkart”, “amazon”, “91mobiles.com”
Now, that’s what digital marketers do. They work on your business website to make it rank amongst the top 10 searches of Google to which 95% of searchers respond.
A fact says “More than 70% of people click on the 1st link on Google”
Wondering how to rank your website on Google’s first page through Internet Marketing?
Well, to rank your website, Google has made certain factors which decide websites that contain the most relevant information based on the search.
But first and foremost, to start marketing your business online, you need to have a good Website for your business. But that’s not it.
Simply creating your website and not marketing it would lead you towards no results.
Did you know? On an average a website visitor doesn’t spend more than 30 seconds on a website to find it’s relevant content. So, it is utterly important to grab your customer in just 30 seconds by providing the best and relevant content or you lose a potential customer forever.
Here’s a list of few basic Digital Marketing Services you can start off with to promote your business (to know what exactly every service is, you can see the images attached for your reference):
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization) – Organic search results, mainly based on keywords, content quality and type. (refer pic 1)
- SEM (Search Engine Marketing) – Paid search results, based on keywords (refer pic 2)
- Social Media Marketing – Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn etc. i.e. using social media platforms to reach to your potential customers.
- YouTube – To reach out to your customers through videos on your YouTube Channel.
- Emails & SMS – Spreading awareness about your business through emails & SMS.
- In stream Application advertisements on mobiles.
- Sell your products on ecommerce platforms.
and much more.
Living a technology dominant life today, we must understand that almost 70% of the world uses Internet to look for a product/service of their choice. Digital Marketing is one way to enhance your business among all these people. People become more aware of your business and tend to buy or use your product/service. A good and organic online presence not only gives you more customers but also builds your brand. There is no negative to this form of marketing.
It is in fact a thoughtful and successful form of investing into marketing. You can ensure great returns on your investment here and also mould things based on your marketing budget.
I hope my article makes you informed of Digital Marketing (Internet Marketing) and how advantageous it can be for your business.
Importance of Digital Marketing
- Digital Marketing enables direct communication between your business and your consumer, enabling you to prepare your own audience for trustworthy fans.
- Digital marketing is increasing brand awareness and reaching out to your target customers and providing better ROI.
- With digital marketing, you can guarantee that the advertising is consumed by the right customers. SEO (Search Engine Optimization) helps you to target users who are browsing the web for content and issues that are important to your market.
Note: The results and numbers are just for reference purpose and may vary with time.